I didn’t have time to cook today so I’m posting 5 links of recipes that may find their way to Friday foods (in no particular order):
1. Graham Crackers – Yes! If this turns out the way I’m hoping it does, I may never have to yearn for Honey Maid Graham Crackers again! In case you’re wondering, living abroad sometimes limits availability of some items we take for granted. This recipe comes with an endearing adoption real-life story.
2. Apple Pie In An Apple – Complete with a lattice top! Who wouldn’t want to try this?
3. Peking Duck – I love roasted duck (it’s better than chicken!) and why not Peking? Can’t wait to try this one.
4. Shakshuka – An Arabic breakfast dish that is basically eggs poached in a flavorful tomato sauce. Sound easy? Not so. Subtle flavors differ from region to region throughout the Middle East. This post not only has a recipe and great pictures but also a fun story about dining alone in New York City.
5. Sourdough Bread – My husband and I love sourdough bread and have yet to find a store bought one let alone a good recipe. I haven’t had success with keeping a starter and have stumbled a recipe that doesn’t require one or yeast! I know, I know. I thought all breads contained or had to have yeast added. This bread only contains flour, water and salt and is made using a sponge (no, not the kind you use to wash dishes). The link is an excerpt from the author’s ebooklet I found for 99¢. Looking forward to having our own home-made sourdough.